The PTO Presents 2020 Virtual Career Day
What shoes do you want to wear when you grow up? To find a career that’s right for you, a good place to start is to think about your interests. Do you love cooking? Maybe you could be a chef? Do you love to problem solve? How about a detective. Or maybe you love animals and want to be a zookeeper?
We’ve prepared some videos to help you explore some careers you may want to work towards. And remember, you can be anything you want to be with hard work and passion!
Step 1: Listen to the Career Books Read by CMES Staff
“Who’s Hat is This” read by Mrs. Foster, Counselor
This book is best for grades K and 1
“What Shoes Will You Wear?” read by, Mrs. Shrader, Reading Specialist
This book is best for grades 2 through 5.
Step 2: Check Out Career Videos by Our CMES Family Members
Helicopter Pilot for the U.S. Coast Guard
Wes P. Henderson
Lawyer and Owner of Henderson Law, LLC
TV Host for “Midday Maryland,” on WMAR-2 News, ABC in Baltimore
Michael W. McCauley (new video coming soon)
Chief of Occupational Safety & Health with Maryland Department of Transportation
Pediatric Intesive Care Nurse at Children’s National Hospital
Vice President in the Engineering Organization at Northrop Grumman
Step 3: Career Resources & Activities
- Draw a picture of what you want to be when you grow up, and post it on the CMES PTO Facebook page
- Interview a family member or friend to find out more about their career
- Want to explore even more career videos? Click here.
- Click here to try a career interest assessment.
- Complete When I Grow Up worksheet (will have link)
- Come up with a job for each letter of the alphabet
- Learn about a resume and make one with the help of an adult.